The play areas within the parish will re-open on Saturday 4th July 2020; the Council have carried out a risk assessment against the current government guidance and will put in all practicable measures to mitigate risk.
The play areas are checked weekly for maintenance issues, however they are not cleaned regularly and are not staffed.
Scientific advice suggests that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to several days on some hard surfaces. The risks are reduced when outdoors, where surfaces may be subject to UV light and/or rain. Whilst all possible practical measures have been put in place the user of this equipment does so at their own choice and risk.
- The maximum number of users at Hopwas Playing Field will be 10 (plus accompanying adults)
- The maximum number of users at Comberford Millennium Green will be 6 (plus accompanying adults)
- 1 adult to accompany 1 child (Under 14’s only)
- Please retain 2m distance from other users outside of your household
- 1 child (or household) per item of play equipment (with the exception of the see-saw)
- To enable as many children as possible to use the equipment please limit use to 30 minutes
- Use of hand sanitiser gel or wipes is advised when using the equipment
- When using equipment do not touch face
- Consumption of food and drink within play areas is not permitted
- Please use bins provided or take litter home
Please do NOT enter the play areas if you, your child or any member of your household have a high temperature OR a new continuous cough OR a loss of taste or smell.
New signage will be put up on the morning of 4th July, until this signage is in place and the closure signage has been removed please do not use the play areas. This will enable the Council to carry out a final maintenance inspection for safety before re-opening.